New CD and Sponsorship Opportunity!
Well the time has come! We are ready to begin our next CD project for everyone to enjoy. We have six songs completed and are hoping for several more in the next few months. But, we couldn’t wait to get the first set of songs into people’s hands. So we have created a short-run CD called Softly and Tenderly. This CD will serve two purposes… to give people the music they have been requesting at concerts, and to help us complete production on a full-length project. The full-length project will cost over $6000 to complete with final music production, artwork (including a booklet), and CD replication (making enough to sell and give away).
We had planned to make a short-run CD, prepare our own artwork and see what God had planned by looking at how many we sold. The more we sold, the more we could produce in the future. But as soon as we heard the first set of songs, we could not let this be all we have available. So, I had a little talk with God and asked what He wanted me to do. Of course, His answer was “what I want you to do? ”You”? Oh, yeah. Sorry. I forgot I don’t live in a vacuum and have been blessed many times over by people who have helped us to create the albums we have in the past. So, I then began thinking about what you and I could do to make this CD project what it needs to be to touch the most hearts. Then I started looking at the songs people have been requesting and it struck me that people needed to be comforted. There are so many people in pain. There are so many struggling their way through grief. I have seen it in the eyes of the lovingly devoted wife of 60 years at her husband’s funeral or in the voice of the mother whose son has not spoken to her in years since he started using drugs. Our music brings comfort. And that is what we need to keep doing.
So, this (two-part) CD project will continue what we have been doing since my Mom’s death, sharing the love of Jesus through song and story. The CD artwork below is the front and back cover of the CD that will serve as the vehicle to help us get the financial strength to move the full CD project to completion. Our hope is that we will be able to sell enough of the short-run CDs and also get some sponsors who want to take this project from my dreamworld to reality. We trust that if God wants this project to happen, He will make it happen. And you can be a part of it.
As we said, we have six songs so far, I Heard The Voice Of Jesus, Turn Around Slowly, I Come To The Garden Alone, Softly and Tenderly Jesus Is Calling, I Will Carry You (new version), and Goodbye Old Friend (written for our former pastor Rev. Edward Hayes and dedicated to so many people to whom we have had to say goodbye). We will be putting several more songs on the full-length CD to round it all out.
Listen to clips of the 6 songs we have so far...
What we need from you to join us in our work, are the following:
Your financial support in the form of a gift. This can be in check or cash or credit card. If you send a gift under $200, please make sure we have the proper spelling of your name so we can acknowledge you in our CD credits.
If you are giving an amount of $200 or more, please also provide a photo of the loved one you would like remembered / memorialized in a special way. The photo can be scanned and emailed (sean at seanclive dot com) or it can be sent to us and we will scan it and return a copy to you. The best quality photo will look best in the CD artwork. But we will try to work with whatever you send us.
We will have a cutoff date eventually, but we’ll wait to see how the response is.
Please provide contact information in anything you send - name, address, telephone # and email address so we can reach you.
If you would like to help us get our music into the hands of those who could use it, please pray on it and consider becoming a sponsor. Below are the nuts and bolts of the sponsorship process:
- Donations / gifts are not tax deductible. These gifts will be used solely to offset the costs of producing the new CD project. Expenses include costs for music production, CD packaging, and CD replication. We have been working with some wonderful people over the years to ensure the final CD project will be very nicely done.
- We welcome any gift amounts. All gifts will be acknowledged in the CD artwork.
- For those who are able to give at least $200 toward the project, we are offering an additional bonus. We are planning to make the CD look like a photo album with old pictures (or newer ones made to look old) and lyrics. For those who can give at least $200, a picture of a loved one can be emailed or mailed to us. It will be used in the artwork and the person’s name(s) noted near the photo. To make it feel like a personal family album, it might not have last names, but more like (Aunt Laurie at Christmas - 1985).
- The album will be a way to memorialize your loved one with songs that are meant to help in dealing with grief.
- Please note, all sponsors who give at least $20 will be sent a copy of the six-song CD, Softly and Tenderly. When the full-length CD is produced, we will send along additional copies of the new CD based upon your gift amount - 1 Full-length CD for every $25 donated. So, a $200 gift will receive 8 copies of the new CD, acknowledgement in the credits on the CD and a photo of their loved on in the CD booklet artwork.
- To support the project with a credit card, please use the Paypal DONATE button below. Please note that any gift of $200 or more will reserve a spot for a photo of your loved one in the CD booklet artwork. All other gifts will be acknowledged in the credits in the artwork. We will contact you if you are supporting us with $200 or more. Please be sure to provide your email address when placing the gift.
Please keep us in your prayers. We still feel God calling us to share our gifts with people and this new project will continue that work. Thank you so much!